Digital Signage Sales Engineer
The Digital Signage Sales Engineer will design and specify technology solutions for organizations in different market verticals. This individual must possess the ability to understand customer requirements and have a solid technical understanding of enterprise content management solutions, video, audio and data/networking. The Digital Signage Sales Engineer will work closely with the Sales staff to provide both general and specific recommendations on software, hardware, network technologies and installation guidance. The Digital Signage Sales Engineer provides the solution design connection conduit between Sales, Project Managers and product development resources.
The Digital Signage Sales Engineer is responsible for identifying and defining integrations with third party products, applications, solutions or platforms and must be able to work with Spyeworks Product Management or 3rd party partners' technical staff in instances where integration between Spyeworks and a third party application is required.
- Determine customer requirements for solution functionality through communication with Sales and the customer.
- Recommend specific solutions to prospective customers, working with Sales.
- Design complete Digital Signage solutions, describing them in both written and drawing format.
- Supply input to bill of materials and scopes to define customer expectations.
- Research new products to remain current on technology solutions that comprise the Digital Signage solution that Spyeworks is bringing to market.
- Influence Sales strategy with knowledge of solution components.
- Interface with Operations team to supply clarity regarding what is to be delivered to customers post sale.
- Other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate.
- 20% travel
- Occasional night and evening work
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2+ year's customer facing experience in pre-sales engineering, technical design or services integration.
- Bachelor's degree of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to describe project and product deliverables in a manner that is understandable to both developers and customers.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting alongside Sales professionals.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Team leader and team player but able to work independently and remotely.
- Proactive and self-motivated approach toward project delivery, product enhancement and process improvement.
- Good logical and analytical skills with the ability to absorb multiple requirements provide analysis and then provide practical solutions that meet the customers' needs.
- Competent user of the Microsoft suite of Office applications including using Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Word to generate project deliverables.
- Competent user of ACT software.
- Knowledge of the digital signage space.
- Knowledge of IP content delivery technologies and systems, including content delivery (encoding, transcoding, metadata transformation).
- IP Multi-cast
- Network Administration
- System Administration
- Database Administration
- Website, application or player development
- Involvement in large-scale projects
Spyeworks is a leading digital signage product and services provider. As part of the Spye.co group of companies Spyeworks is in a unique position to address all customers' needs surrounding digital signage. We specialize in products, systems and services for video and digital media content creation, management, and distribution. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of design, integration and support on the most advanced communications solutions available.
Spyeworks is proud of our software engine Spyeworks, an enterprise level software solution for managing digital signage systems through a local PC or a web browser.
If this description sounds like you, send your Cover letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org